Education that Inspires
Wasatch Charter School is a K-8 tuition-free, charter school in the Salt Lake Valley guided by the principles of public Waldorf education that provides a comprehensive experience integrating academics, arts, movement, nature, and social responsibility into everyday learning.
- Kindergarteners learn through drawing, storytelling, memorization, and sensor motor skill development. Click for more information.
- First grade curriculum builds on the child's unique mode of thinking which still depends largely on pictures. Click for more information.
- Second graders continue to learn using fables and animal stories of the world and legends. Click for more information.
- Special events in third grade include a farm trip, a house-building project, and taking care of the school garden. Click for more information.
- Fourth grade students read and write reports involving the science of zoology and other areas of study. Click for more information.
- Fifth graders begin a broader study of the world including history, geography, and a research paper. Click for more information.
- Sixth grade students study history and culture through a study of Rome, the Dark Ages, and the Middle Ages. Click for more information.
- Seventh graders study physiology, nutrition, astronomy, chemistry, physics, and formal algebra. Click for more information.
- Eighth grade students perform a Shakespearean play, take a class trip, and create large showcase projects. Click for more information.
Excited about our school?
Please consider making a donation.
Through a culture of holistic learning and dedication to the optimal development of each individual child, Wasatch Charter School nurtures the intellectual, social, emotional, and physical capacities through an artistic, hands-on, and interdisciplinary approach to core academic subjects. Through our integrated curriculum, students blossom into imaginative, engaged, competent, life-long learners.